Effective Date: February 26, 2020
- Change of company address.
- Removal of reference to the IT Decisionmaker Panel; this panel has been disbanded and all member information has been deleted.
- Removal of requirement to register in order to download our Thoughticles©.
- Clarification of how we may append data from clients or third parties to respondents who answer our survey questions.
- Other revisions to clarify the categories of types and sources of information we collect, consumers’ rights to request information or deletion of their personal information, and related processes for compliance with the California Consumer Privacy Act.
Your privacy is important to us
The purpose of our site is to provide you with information about our company and our professional services.
The purpose of our surveys is to enable us or our clients to gain a better understanding of people like yourself.
Hansa|GCR, LLC is a marketing research and consulting firm. Hansa|GCR, LLC (“Hansa”, “We”, “Us”), our parent company Hansa Marketing Services, Inc. or our clients are the sole owners of the information collected by Hansa. Hansa collects information, some of which may be personally identifiable, from our users at several different points on our Web site or while taking our surveys as described below.
Hansa does not market to children and does not knowingly collect personal information from children on our Web site or through our surveys. We do not share any personal information for any consumer for whom we have actual knowledge they are less than 16 years of age.
COMPLAINT CONTACT NAME: Jenny Opsahl
ADDRESS: Hansa|GRC, LLC,
One World Trade Center,
121 SW Salmon Street,
Portland, OR 97204
PHONE: (503) 241-8036
Hansa has further committed to refer unresolved privacy complaints under the EU-US Privacy Shield and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework to the INSIGHTS ASSOCIATION PRIVACY SHIELD PROGRAM, a non-profit alternative dispute resolution provider located in the United States and operated by the Insights Association. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint, or if your complaint is not satisfactorily addressed, please visit https://www.insightsassociation.org/get-support/privacy-shield-program/privacy-shield-eu-swiss-citizens-file-complaint for more information and to file a complaint. Pursuant to the Privacy Shield Principles, under certain limited conditions, you may invoke binding arbitration before the Privacy Shield Panel to be created by the U.S. Department of Commerce and the European Commission. We also are under the enforcement authority of the U.S. Federal trade Commission.
Information collection and use
In general, you may freely access the content on our Web site and download materials we provide without providing any personal information.
You may also choose to provide us with contact information by completing a special form that indicates you specifically request contact from us or our clients for whom we are conducting surveys. We may ask you for additional information related to your job and place of employment.
By providing your contact information to request contact from us, you are expressly agreeing to receive (opting in to) future marketing communications and/or business development contact from us or our parent company, Hansa Marketing Services, Inc., until such time as you inform us that you no longer wish to receive such communications or contact (opting out; see “Choice/Opt Out” below). You will not be opting in to such communications if your request for contact only pertains to you as a respondent to surveys we conduct, your request to know what information we collect, your request that we do not sell your information, or your request for deletion of any personal information we have about you in our records.
In general, we use the information we collect from you from subscribing to our email list, registering for our webinars, or using our website to:
- Assess the needs of your business to determine suitable products
- Send you requested product or service information
- Respond to customer service requests
- Send you Hansa information materials and invitations to webinars from us and our affiliate companies
- Send you marketing communications
- Respond to your questions and concerns
- Improve our Web site and marketing efforts
Hansa collects information through various methods including the following categories of sources: Internet surveys, web surveys, telephone surveys, mail surveys, surveys with third-party panel members, face-to-face surveys such as through intercepts, focus groups, one-on-one interviews, mystery shopping, and employee surveys, among other methods.
In general, we use and process the information we collect from you to:
- Contact you for surveys and market research.
- Gain your responses to surveys and market research requests.
- From time to time, contact you to validate answers you provided in a survey.
- From time to time, contact you to determine an additional fact of analytical importance to a survey.
- From time to time, analyze your responses to surveys along with appended data from client-provided or third party-provided information about you (for example, past purchase history or ZIP-code demographics like average income) so that we can analyze a more complete picture of your information to better understand people like yourself or so that our clients can enhance or deliver their products and services to customers like you. Any such analyses that incorporates data about you from our clients or third parties would use data that clients or third parties share with us, and their privacy policies would apply to such sharing of data. Their privacy policies are not controlled by Hansa and Hansa is not responsible or liable for them. Any of your personal information that we share with clients or third parties will only be done with your express permission; otherwise, our analyses that use your personal information will be done on an anonymized and aggregate basis. Further, your individual responses to surveys are confidential and only be attributable to you when shared with clients if we have your express permission to do so.
- Respond to any questions you might have.
- Provide any incentives or rewards that may have been part of our request for your completion of a survey.
- We never use your personal information collected through our surveys for any sales or marketing purposes.
As is true of most Web sites, we may gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes Internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data.
We use this information, which does not identify individual users, to analyze trends, to administer the site, to track users’ movements around the site and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We do not link this automatically collected data to personal information.
Technologies such as: cookies, beacons, tags and scripts may be used by Hansa and our marketing or survey partners and their affiliates, or analytics providers. These technologies are used in analyzing trends, administering the site, tracking users’ movements around the site and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by these companies on an individual as well as aggregated basis.
Behavioral Targeting / Retargeting
We occasionally partner with a third party to manage our marketing communications. Our third-party partner may use technologies such as cookies to gather information about your activities on this site and other sites in order to enhance your user experience or provide marketing communications to you.
Social Media Widgets
The security of your personal information is important to us. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. Any personal information you provide is contained behind a network firewall and is accessible only to a limited number of employees who have special rights to such information. This information is stored in a cloud services provider. However, no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personally identifiable information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
If you have any questions about security on our Web site or in taking our surveys, please send an email with your question(s) to us at firstname.lastname@example.org..
Information sharing and disclosure
We do not sell, rent, provide access to, or otherwise disclose any personal information you provide us to unaffiliated persons or organizations for commercial gain. “Unaffiliated persons or organizations” are defined as persons not employed by an organization owned in whole or in part by Hansa Marketing Services, Inc. and or its parent company, Hansa Holdings Private Ltd. Categories of third parties with whom we may share your personal information include:
- We use a third-party Web site technology service company to host, maintain, and enhance our Web site. Because any personal information you have shared with us while using our web site is stored on this third-party our Web server, this service provider would have access to this information. Provide these services only on the condition that it maintains the same or higher security as we provide for all data, including any personal information.
- We may provide your personal information to companies that provide services to help us with our surveys such as distributing invitations to surveys or collecting survey responses. These companies are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us and are contractually obligated to keep your information confidential.
- We may share your personal information with clients or third parties for analytic purposes as described above under “Surveys.” We may also share your personal information with clients or third parties where you have granted permission for us to do so, for example, where you explicitly agree in a survey to share your responses, ask to be contacted by the client or third party, or you have granted permission to the client or third party through other means for us to share your information.
- We may share your personal information with our parent company Hansa Marketing Services, Inc. in order to provide you with access to our marketing communications and webinar invitations and registrations. If you do not want us to share your personally identifiable information with this company, let us know at the "Contact us" information section below.
- We reserve the right to disclose your personal information as required by law and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, and/or to comply with a judicial proceeding, subpoena court order, or legal process served on our company or Web site. We also may be required to disclose your personal information in response to a lawful request by public authorities, including requests to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
- If Hansa is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified by a prominent notice on our Web site(s) for 30 days of any such change in ownership or control of your personal information as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information.
You have the right to access, correct, restrict the use, erase, object, or withdraw consent to use of your personal information at any time. We will not discriminate against you for exercising these rights. You may designate someone on your behalf to opt out for you. If your personal information changes or you have questions or requests, you may correct, update, delete or deactivate it by emailing us at email@example.com or by contacting us by telephone or postal mail at the contact information listed below. Please provide the existing personal information so we can locate your record(s), and, as appropriate, provide us with the updated information. We will respond to your request within 30 days. Upon verifying your request to delete your personal information, we will delete such information from our records and direct any third parties with whom we have shared your information to do the same. Please note that if we received your personal information from a client or third party, we will let you know that fact and you must contact them directly to request deletion of your information from their records. We are not responsible for the information they may collect and retain about you or their response to your inquiries.
We will retain your information only as needed by us or by our clients or third parties to provide you services and as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
We provide you the opportunity to opt-out of having your personal information used for certain purposes when we ask for this information. We never sell your personal information. We may share or disclose your information, however, as described in this policy. If you do not want us to share or disclose your information please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the words “Do Not Sell, Share or Disclose” in the subject line. Alternatively, if you are a California resident, you also have the option of calling us on our toll-free number: 800-755-7683.
Right to request personal information and opt out of sharing personal information with third parties
You have the right to request the categories and specifics of personal information we collect or share about you within the past 12 months and we will verify and respond to your request within 30 days.
You have the right to request (opt out) that we not share your personal information with third parties. Please note, however, that in many cases where we share your information, we do so in order to conduct market research surveys for which you may be invited to participate. If you request us not to share such information with third parties, you may thus preclude yourself from receiving an invitation to a market research survey which we may be conducting, for example, for a client with whom you are a customer.
You may request the categories and specifics of personal information we collect or share and opt out of Hansa sharing your personal information. Please opt out or request information by emailing us at email@example.com. If you are a California resident, you also have the option of calling us on our toll-free number at 800-755-7683.
Your rights under this section that pertain to the sharing of personal information between a business and Hansa may not apply if (1) you are an employee of a business, the information collected about you is collected about you in the course of you acting in your employee role, and the information is used in the context of you acting in that role or (2) when a business shares personal information with Hansa that is necessary to perform a business purpose, the business has provided notice of that information being shared in its terms and conditions, and Hansa does not further collect, sell, or use the personal information except as necessary to perform the business purpose.
If you have further questions about the information we collect and the specific pieces of information we have collected about you, or you wish to opt out of our sharing of your information with third parties, you may contact us via the contact information provided below. (See “Contact us.”)
Links to other sites
Changes in this policy